Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 3 - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Hey! Today Ryan and I got up and checked out of the wonderful Days Inn in Pittsburgh. Really it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't the nicest place either. So we headed on our way to Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We arrived there around noon after about a 2 hour drive. We were happy to find out that they offered student discounts for the museum, but were very disappointed that we could not take any photos of any of the exhibits!! This was an absolute bummer because I was going to take photos of the Beatles exhibit for my friend Phoebe and pictures of the Bruce Springsteen exhibit for my dad.

Nonetheless, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a must stop on any cross country road trip. The place was really awesome!!! There are tons of exhibits showcasing albums, concert posters, costumes worn by the artists themselves, old guitars, and my favorite old pieces of paper with lyrics. All of the early rock and roll legends like the Beatles, Elvis Presley, Nate King Cole, The Temptations, Buddy Holly, and more can be found here. I was very impressed with the "From Asbury Park to the Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen exhibit. They had recordings from Springsteen's first ever studio audition, posters and recordings from Springsteen's 1st band (age 14) and everything in between all the way up to the Seager Sessions tour. I watched a video from Springsteen playing Rosalita at a venue in NJ from before I was even born. Also, I loved reading all of the lyrics from his songs that were written on pages from a notebook. Glory Days, 10th Avenue Freezeout, Rosalita, I'm Going Down were just a few that were featured. Dad, if your reading this, we purchased you a cool tee shirt and a booklet with all of the exhibits. Since we could not take photos we figured this would make up for it.

The last really cool exhibit at the RRHOF is the video that compiles all of the bands and artists inducted into the hall of fame. Its a 1 and a half hour video, but well worth the time. Ryan and I were singing along and enjoyed every minute of it. The video made me realize that my Ipod needs to be revamped and I need to download more of the HOF artists. I'm definitely gonna be doing that once we get some free time.

After the hall of fame we made the 3 plus hour drive to Detroit, MI. Tomorrow we are headed on a Ford Rouge Factor Tour and visiting the Ford Museum. Very tired now, so going to bed. Till tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment