Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 16 - Drive to Seattle, WA

Hey everyone. I am going to keep this blog pretty sure because it is late here in Seattle, and I am pretty tired from driving all day. Ryan and I drove all the way from Yellowstone NP, WY to Seattle, WA. We drove through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and most of Washington state to get here. Over 750 miles in all.

Today Ryan and I finally did ate at a repeat resturant, McDonnalds. We were hoping to find one by 10:30am so we could get an egg McMuffin, but it didn't work out. We then drove through the mountains in Montana which was pretty nice. The drive seemed forever and each curve seemed like the last one. We stopped at a reststop just before we hit Idaho and had ham and cheese again for lunch. At the reststop we were bothered by 6-8 praire dogs (kinda like chipmuks) for some food. Of course Ryan gave them some bread and cheeseballs so they warmed right up to him. After lunch we headed back on our way. We saw a town in Montana called Drexel. Apparently there are no services there. I wanted to take a pictures and make a mockery of Drexel and how they have horrible service but couldnt get my camera out. The next town over from Drexel was named Henderson. I did get a picture of this, so check it out.

Ryan and I made it to Moses Lake, WA where we had Pizza Hut for dinner. It wasn't that good, but we were hungry so anything would have been good. We then got back into the car and traveled the last 200 miles into Seattle. The last 50 miles were really pretty was we traveled through the mountains. I saw some ski lifts and a few lodges and wished I could ski. I am definately going to have to come out west next winter and do some skiing!! Well off to get some laundary done, need some clean close for tomorrow. Ryan and I are picking up our parents from the Seattle/Tacoma airport and we need to look good. I think we are doing the space needle tomorrow as well. Check back in for more updates. Till then, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment